Because sometimes you just a craving something sweet ant just want a small treat. These are perfect!
I found these gems on “Allrecipes.com” and scaled them down to 1″ squares since they are so rich.
Next time I make them we thought about adding a little shredded coconut or chopped nuts into the chocolate layer 🙂
These would be great for the up coming Holiday cookie exchange or in baskets as gifts with other treat such as coffee accessories or even with wine (great with Cabernet)♥
No Bake Chocolate Peanut butter Oat Squares
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Quick cooking oats
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (I used Creamy Jiff)
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla heat to low boil and reduce heat to low and stir for 3 minutes. Add oats and continue to cook on low for an additional 3 minutes, covered and stir often.
- Spray 9X9 or similar size dish with butter cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate chips in small microwave safe bowl at 15 second intervals and stir in between in until mostly melted. Add peanut butter and continue to heat 15 seconds and stir until smooth and well blended.
- Spoon out half of the oat mixture into the buttered dish and pack down firmly with hands for form bottom crust.
- Pour melted chocolate/peanut butter over crust and smooth with rubber spatula to make sure you have it well covered.
- Crumble to remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer and press gently to form top layer crust.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours. Take out and let sit for 15-20 minutes and cut into squares.
- Store in refrigerator.