What to do for dinner with the leftover chicken breast from the other night? Hummmmm
Enter a small bottle of Franks, cream cheese, shredded Mexican blend cheese a few small jalapeno peppers & green onions and awesome happened!!!
I had baked a few extra boneless chicken breasts so we would have quick dinner or lunch this coming week. I have been craving Hot Garlic Beer Chicken Wings or the Chicken & Franks hot dip. We had just picked up some 6″ flour tortillia’s and the idea just unfolded quickly.
These turned out great, I cut each flauta in half and served with sour cream with a little chopped green onion over the top. We were out of cilantro and next time I will throw some in. They were fast and easy and with very little clean up. He had a beer and I had a glass of wine before we went on to binge watch “Burn Notice” on the Roku! We love that device 🙂
Flauta’s Chicken, cheese and Franks wing sauce
- 1 small bottle Franks Wing Sauce
- 1 cooked and sliced boneless chicken breast (you could use rotisserie chicken from the market)
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block)
- 1/2 cup or more to your liking Shredded Mexican cheese (I used a handful)
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 2 small Jalapeno Peppers chopped (from our garden)
- 1 Package 6″ Flour Tortilla’s ( I made 7 and mine were fat 🙂
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375
- In small sauce pan add bottle of Franks and butter. Heat on med-low until butter is melted and simmering.
- Add Sliced chicken and stir until well coated and turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir a couple of times.
- Meanwhile in medium bowl combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, chopped green onion and chopped jalapeno, mix well.
- Add chicken mixture to cheese mixture and stir to combine. We are ready to roll!
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay one tortilla on sheet and place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup filling on bottom 1/3 of tortilla.
- Roll up and end up with seam down. Lay next tortilla and repeat placing near but not touching other rolls.
- I used 7 tortilla’s and then spread them out on sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes turning once.
- Serve with sour cream, extra franks or salsa. All would be great!