Craving Garlic? I was and this was fast & easy to put together!
After spending the majority of the day out in the Arizona heat & spending 2 hours cooling off in the pool, my body was craving Garlic 🙂
I searched the fridge & pantry and this is what I came up with. I thought it would be great with 1/3 cup of Chiboni Greek Yogurt, but I was unfortunately out. There is always next time and it will be soon!
When Razor returned home from the AZL Padre game, the first thing out of his mouth was “Is there any left!” And lucky for him there was 🙂
I always have Parmesan Cheese, usually both shredded and shaved. This time used the shredded. You can use Spaghetti or Angle Hair and I opted for the heavier noodle, but Angle Hair would work great with this sauce and of course have some fresh parsley on hand. I went to the garden for that. You can add Chopped Chicken Breast and it would make it a major meal and I will be exploring that along with the Greek Yogurt soon (to ensure there is plenty of leftovers) I hope you enjoy!
Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Cloves of Garlic Chopped or Minced (I used my Ninja, 1 quick pulse)
- 2 Cans of Chicken Broth (I used low sodium)
- 1/2 Box Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded) + extra to sprinkle on top
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup White Wine (I used what I was drinking, a Chardonnay)
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Melt butter & olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and saute for 1 minute (be careful not to brown or burn..you only want to soften)
- Add Chicken Broth and heat to boil
- Add Spaghetti and boil for the time specified on box- add Salt & Pepper
- Remove from heat and add shredded parm and stir until incorporated.
- Add chopped Parsley and stir some more.
- Plate the spaghetti and top with shredded parm and red pepper flakes.