This is now on of our favorite Pasta Dishes! We have a Restaurant chain here in the Phoenix area called Z’Tejas Grill and I have a favorite dish that I have every time, and I mean every time 🙂
This Pasta is close to the flavors that keep bringing me back. We grow many different types of peppers in our garden and we are lucky to be living in Arizona where we can grow peppers year round. All came from our garden 🙂
I used Penne for this dish, but next time I will be using Fettuccine as they do in the Restaurant.
Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Creamy Parmesan Penne Pasta
- About 3 large Sweet Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow and Green or a mixture) I used 8 small peppers, Chopped
- 1 Package Pasta (Penne)
- 1 Large Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast sliced (We grilled on Barbecue 8 minutes per side, after coating chicken with McCormick spices for chicken)
- 2 tbls Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic (more or less to your taste, we love garlic) finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Goat Cheese
- 1/3/ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- 1-2 Jalapeno Peppers sliced into this strips (optional, but it is yummy!)
- Set oven to Broil and place halved, cleaned and seeded peppers on foil lined baking sheet. Broil for about 5-7 minutes tuning and checking often. Remove and place in brown paper bag (I have several Trader Joe’s Bags for this purpose. Fold over and let cool for about 10 minutes. Peel the charred skin off and chop peppers (I used my small ninja chopper) and set aside.
- While peppers are cooling, cook over high heat the Package of pasta according to directions on package, al dente.
- Melt butter in large pan over medium heat and add garlic and stir for about a minute. Add Heavy Cream, Goat Cheese , Parmesan Cheese and chopped red peppers.
- Simmer until all cheese are melted and sauce is smooth.
- Add Cooked pasta to sauce, Salt & Pepper to taste and a small amount of pasta water if needed.
- Add chopped fresh basil and remove from heat.
- Serve in pasta bowls with sliced Chicken breast and garnished with Jalapeno’s!